GLOBAL ESG TALENT
Delivering the very best senior talent with an ESG Mindset
Typical search Assignments
Corporate ESG Leadership & Reporting
Chief ESG Officer
Chief Sustainability Officer
Group Sustainability & Reporting Lead
Global Head of ESG
VP CSR & ESG
Head of ESG
VP ESG Investor Relations
ESG Advisory & Consulting
Partner ESG Advisory
Head of ESG Advisory
VP ESG Advisory
Director ESG Advisory
Head of ESG Consulting
ESG Sector Leader
VP ESG Communications
Partner ESG Due Diligence
ESG Investing & Sustainable Finance
Head of Sustainable Finance
Director ESG Investments
Head of Responsible Investment
VP Sustainability Infrastructure Funds
ESG Research Director
Head of ESG Risk
Lead ESG Analyst
Climate Change & Energy Transition
Energy Transition Director
Director Renewable Energy
Director of Energy Transition Strategy
Lead Energy Transition Economist
VP Energy Transition
Net Zero and Climate Adaptation Director
Head of Climate Risk
ESG MINDSET Search process
STEP 1 – UNDERSTANDING YOUR BUSINESS
- Company Journey/Narrative: What's the history of the business, where is the business on its evolution and journey to ESG maturity, how fast is it changing, and what does the ideal future look like?
- Current State: What are the company’s strengths and weaknesses, clients and services, culture and people? What is the opportunity to be leveraged?
- Impact/change: What's the hoped impact this hire will have on the business?
STEP 2 – UNDERSTANDING THE ROLE/POSITION
- Job Description: Develop a clear understanding of the role remit and how this fits into the businesses structure and reporting.
- Needs/Gap Analysis: What key skills, experiences or relationships does the senior hire need to bring to the table that the company needs.
- What success looks like: Establish and agree upon, observable and measurable 1-3-5 year key performance indicators
STEP 3 – RESEARCH THE TALENT POOL
- Establish the talent pool: Where can the talent be found. Key competitors.
- Map the Market: Research is the cornerstone of every recruiting project. While often laborious, this tenacious upfront spade work will establish the talent pool depth.
- Create a long-list of potential targets: The list is largely composed of individuals who haven’t “applied” for the role, and may not know that much about your business. This is why a proactive, professional, and highly informed approach is paramount.
DEEP DIVE search into the very best ESG talent pools
STEP 4 – PROFESSIONAL TARGETED APPROACHES
- Approach the Long-List: Methodically and diligently approach every target on the list.
- Sell the Opportunity: Presenting a new career opportunity to targets who are likely happy and committed to their current company/role is a delicate sales process.
- Secure Interest or Intel: The conversations at this stage are all valuable. In the best case scenario I secure a capable candidate but if not, I aim to network further leads and gather market perceptions of my client/role/opportunity.
STEP 5 – SHORTLIST & INTERVIEW PROCESS
- My Interview - Mindset Matters: Uncover whether the candidate has the right skills and experiences. Establish the candidates mindset, motivation, and their culture fit.
- Deliver the Shortlist: The shortlist will consists of 2-4 candidate CV's that you agree are a good fit on paper and worthy of being interviewed for the role.
- Your Interview Process: I will provide logistic and feedback support throughout the process. A 2-3 stage interview process is ideal with final interview involving a candidate presentation.
STEP 6 – OFFER, ONBOARDING & SUPPORT
- Due Diligence: I can support your efforts to conduct due diligence on the chosen candidate or stand aside. It's your call.
- Offer Negotiation support: I will cap my fees so that you can be confident that my salary negotiation advice is driven purely by gaining the best hiring outcome rather than the best fee.
- Onboarding and ongoing support: I want my hires to make the desired impact so I'm happy to continue to provide a valuable bridge between my candidate and the hiring manager through and beyond probation.
Successful senior recruitment revolves around the relationships and the trust you develop with people rather than faceless brands.
When you engage ESG Mindset you will know exactly who you are dealing with throughout the process.
I will be your single point of contact and I will deliver your assignment, do the research and interview your candidates.
I am an international head-hunter with a recruitment career spanning over 20 years.
During this time I have recruited across sustainability, banking and professional services, successfully completing senior level assignments in the UK, USA, Canada, Australia, The Netherlands, France, Germany and the Middle East.
I have particularly strong experience of tackling senior and hard to fill problem positions where the pool of potential candidates is small, highly specialist and hard to reach.
Put simply I help company's hire senior, hard to find, and niche talent in highly competitive recruitment markets such as todays ESG talent market.
If you are striving for growth in your ESG capability I would be happy to talk through your plans and how I am able to help you.
I help company's hire senior ESG talent in todays highly competitive talent market
My personal commitments to clients
When you engage my search services and commit to working with me, I want you to have confidence in my commitment to honesty and excellence.
Piecing Together your ESG Team
"ESG Mindset undertook a very difficult search assignment for Infrata, helping us to build our EMEA & North America ESG Transactions team. I'm delighted with the outcome of this search, we made three exceptional hires in a very short space of time. I highly recommend Tony Talbot at ESG Mindset as a trusted Executive Search Partner"
Alonzo Guzman, Managing Director INFRATA
Infrata ESG Team Hire Case Study
Infrata is an international infrastructure advisory consultancy firm which provides technical and commercial due diligence advisory services to infrastructure owners, operators and investors worldwide.
In particular, their advisory services focus providing the clarity and confidence to Project Finance investors (banks, infrastructure investment funds, rating agencies, institutional lenders and industry sponsors) to invest in large and complex projects in the transport (road, rail, airports and ports) and social infrastructure sectors.
Managing Director, Alonzo Guzman, wanted to create a ESG Transaction Advisory Due diligence team covering EMEA and North America.
ESG Mindset were retained to undertake the assignment and search for candidates with ESG Due Diligence experience resulting in the following 3 placements within 3 months:
Technical Director & ESG Sector Leader EMEA & North America
Brendan is an ESG consultant with over 20 years of experience. He works with investors, lenders and project sponsors across the breadth of infrastructure to ensure that risks and opportunities are fully accounted for, leading to greater value creation.
He works to client-specific briefs and also to international environmental and social standards, including the Equator Principles, the IFC Performance Standards and the EBRD Performance Requirements. He also helps clients to navigate the myriad of regulation and standards emerging in ESG, from the EU Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) and the EU Taxonomy to the Taskforce for Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD).
Sevil Hur Akpolat
Senior ESG Consultant
Sevil is an environmental engineer with 15 years-experiences in environmental and social due diligence (ESDD), environmental and social construction and operation monitoring, environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance and environmental and social impact assessment (ESIA) studies.
She has participated in various ESIA, environmental and social gap analysis, ESDD and environmental and social monitoring studies conducted against host country legislation as well as guidelines of the various international financial institutions such as International Finance Corporation (IFC), European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD), European Investment Bank (EIB). She has worked for Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects in the health and transportation sectors and also the private sector energy and manufacturing projects as part of lender environmental and social advisory services.
Emilia is an ESG Consultant who is experienced in undertaking ESG vendor and buyside due diligence assignments for infrastructure transactions. She also provides advice to lenders on environmental and social risk, largely in line with internationally recognised frameworks, such as the Equator Principles and the IFC Performance Standards. She advises on a variety of sectors, including transport, digital, energy and waste, across the UK, Europe, and North America.
Emilia holds a Master's degree in Sustainability and a Bachelor's degree in Physical Geography from the University of Leeds. She is a Practitioner Member of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, and she is a Registered Environmental Practitioner under the Society for the Environment.